top of page

Visas for Dancers

At Elizee Law Firm, we understand the unique challenges that dancers face when it comes to obtaining U.S. visas. Whether you are a professional dancer seeking to perform in the United States, a dance instructor looking to teach your craft, or a student pursuing dance studies in the U.S., our experienced immigration attorneys are here to guide you through the visa application process.

O-1 Visa:

This is often the most suitable visa for highly skilled and internationally recognized dancers. To qualify for an O-1 visa, you must demonstrate extraordinary ability in your field, which in this case would be dance. You'll need to provide evidence of your achievements and recognition in the dance world, such as awards, critical acclaim, and high-profile performances.


P-3 Visa:


The P-3 visa is for artists and entertainers coming to the United States to perform, teach, or coach in culturally unique programs. Dance groups that perform culturally unique dance forms may qualify for this visa.


H-2B Visa:


This visa is for temporary non-agricultural workers. Some dance companies or organizations may use this visa to bring in foreign dancers for seasonal or temporary performances.


J-1 Visa:


The J-1 visa is for cultural exchange programs, and some dance companies may use it to bring in foreign dancers for training or performances. The J-1 visa often involves a sponsorship through a designated exchange program.


B-1 Visa:

The B-1 visa is for temporary business visitors, and it may be used by dancers coming to the U.S. for short-term business-related activities, such as auditions or meetings.


F-1 Visa:

If you plan to study dance in the United States as a full-time student, you may apply for an F-1 student visa to attend a U.S. dance school or university.


Elizee Law Firm is a full-service immigration law firm. We can guide you and your family through your current immigration case. Our staff is fluent in Spanish and Haitian Creole. Contact us at (305) 371-8846. 

Get in touch with us

bottom of page