Visa for Artists and Graphic Designers

Visa for Artist and Graphic Designers 


O-1 Visa 


The O-1 visa is the perfect visa for visuals, graphic artists and designers who are typically self-employed. Such individuals do not usually have full-time permanent positions but rather work for multiple employers on short or long term projects or ongoing temporary assignments. 


O-1 Visa Basic Requirements 


The O visa is a temporary (nonimmigrant) visa reserved for those of extraordinary ability which includes the art of graphic designing. Extraordinary ability means a high level of achievement evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above what is ordinarily encountered. The regulations provide that such individuals may use the services of a US agent and do not require a full-time permanent position or employer. Rather, they may have an agent sponsor them.


P-2 Visa 

The P-2 visa classification is available to artists coming temporarily to the U.S. to perform, either individually or as part of a group under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country. 

P-2 Visa Basic Requirements: 

1. The artist must be entering the U.S. through a government recognized reciprocal           exchange program.  

2. The artist must possess skills comparable to those of the US artists taking part in the     program outside the United States. 

3. If the events will take place in multiple areas, an itinerary, listing the dates and               locations of the events, must be submitted. 

P-3 Visa


The P-3 visa classification is available to artists coming temporarily to the U.S. to perform, teach or coach, either individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique. 

P-3 Visa Basic Requirement: 

The artist or entertainer must be coming to the U.S. for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. 

Elizee Law Firm is a full service immigration law firm. We can guide you through your current immigration issues. Artists and graphic designer may be eligible to enter the United States under a O-1 or P-3 Visa.

Actors and Actresses

Artists and Graphic Designers

TV and Film

Music Producer

Fashion Models


Parents and Families

Green Card for Extraordinary Athletes and Artists

Please reload