Sibling of a U.S. Citizen

U.S. citizens over the age of 21 are able to apply for a green card for their siblings. This means a brother or a sister. The first step of the proccess is filing a petition for classification of the relative as a qualifying relative with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once the application is approved, the foreign parent will either file for adjustment of status in the U.S., or file for an immigrant visa from a consulate outside of the U.S.


You will have to submit both your birth certificate as well as your sibling's. If you and your sibling have a common mother, the two birth certificates will suffice. If you and your sibling only have a common father, you must submits documents that show that your sibling was born in an intake relationship or was legitimized. 





  • A sibling of a U.S. citizen that is at least 21 years old. 

  • Birth Certificate.

  • Proof of U.S. citizenship. 


Elizee Law Firm is full service immigration law firm. We can guide you and your family through your current immigration case. Our staff is fluent in Spanish and Haitian Creole. Contact us at (305) 371-8846. 



Please reload