I Representatives of Foreign Media

The I Representative of Foreign Media visa is a nonimmigrant visa for members of the foreign media who represent a foreign information media outlet, and are coming to the U.S. to engage in the profession, and that have a home office abroad.  This category is not restricted to reporters. It also emcompasses film crews, editors, and people in similar occupations. 


The Representative must establish that they are a member of a foreign media and that they are essential to the functions of their organization. As a member of the foreign media, you are not able to travel to the U.S. to engage in the profession without first being granted an I Visa. Members of the media cannot travel on a tourist visa or U.S. Visa Waiver Program to engage in the profession. 





  • Be a member of a foreign media outlet. 

  • Must be an essential member of the foreign media organization. 

  • Must not abuse tourist or U.S. Visa Waiver Program. 

  • Media Representative, spouse and chilren must be admissible to the U.S. 










Please reload