TV and Film Producers

Get in touch with our  team

Elizee Law Firm is a full service immigration law firm. We can guide you through your current immigration issues. If you work for the TV or Film industry, we can help you obtain the proper visa.

Visa for Television and Film

O visas are appropriate for production teams seeking to enter the US to work on entertainment or scripted programs and films. O visas are typically granted for a specific event, such as the shooting of a particular feature film or TV series in the US. O visas can be valid for up to three years, but are generally approved for the duration of the specified event or series of events.

O-1 and O-2 Visas

There are two O visa options for TV and film crews: the O-1 for individuals with “extraordinary achievement” in motion picture or TV production, and the O-2 for the essential team members of certain O-1 visa holders. Together, these visas can be used to allow entire production teams to enter the US to work on a film or TV program.

In practice, the O-1 should be reserved for the most accomplished member of the production team, typically the Executive Producer, Director, or Lead Actor/Actress.

O-1 and O-2 Requirements

To qualify for the O-1 in the film or TV industry, the candidate must demonstrate “extraordinary achievement” as evidenced by either a major, national, or international award or nomination with companies of a distinguished reputation, press discussing the individual and/or their productions, commercial success, high salary, and reference letters from industry experts.

To qualify for an O-2 visa, each candidate must either have a long-standing working relationship with the O-1 candidate or, in the case of a specific film or TV program, if significant production is taking place outside the US, then the O-2’s can be approved on a “continuity of production” basis by demonstrating that they are essential to the successful completion of the production.


Media (I) visas are for representatives of the foreign media, including members of the press, radio, film,and print industries, traveling temporarily to the U.S. to work in their profession engaged in informational or educational media activities, essential to the foreign media function.

I-Visa Basic Requirements:

1. Activities in the U.S. while on a media visa must be for a media organization having its home office in a foreign country.

2. Activities in the U.S. must be informational in nature and generally associated with the news gathering process and reporting on current events.

Elizee Law Firm is full service immigration law firm. We can guide you and your family through your current immigration case. Our staff is fluent in Spanish and Haitian Creole. Contact us at (305) 371-8846.

Read Our Latest News and Updates

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 11.12.48 AM_ed



Artists and Graphic Design




Coaches and Essential Staff Support




Extra Ordinary Artists and Athletes




Music Groups


Music Producers


Parents and Families


Singer and Performers


TV and Film Producers


Join our mailing list  Never miss an update

The Firm

Elizee Law Firm, P.A., is a Miami-based law firm focused on immigration and family law cases. Our mission is to provide our clients with quality service, client-focused counseling, and aggressive, zealous and ethical representation. As a client of Elizee Law Firm, P.A., you will receive personal and dedicated service. Your case will be handled with great care. Our attorneys will thoroughly review your file and supporting documents to build a strong and effective case designed to achieve your goals.

Practice Areas

Contact  us

1110 Brickell Avenue, Suite 315, Miami, Florida 33131

 Ph: (305) 371-8846

Fax: (305) 371-8522

  • facebook-circle
  • twitter-circle
  • instagram-circle
  • linkedin-circle
  • youtube-circle

© 2021 by Elizee Law Firm, P.A. All rights reserved. Powered by The CCWC Network Corp.