Elizee Law Firm is a full service immigration law firm. We can guide you through your current immigration issues. Members of a music group may be eligible to enter the United States under one of several available nonimmigrant categories.
Visa for Music Groups
The P-1 visa classification is available to artists and entertainers coming to the United States temporarily to perform as a member of an entertainment group that has been recognized internationally as outstanding for a sustained and substantial period of time. However, as opposed to the O-1 visa classification which is available to individual artists and entertainers, the P-1 visa classification is intended for those performing as part of a group.
P-1 Visa Basic Requirements:
1. At least 75 percent of the members of the group must have had a substantial and sustained relationship with the group for at least one year, and
2. The entertainment group must be internationally recognized.
The P-2 visa classification is available to artists and entertainers, coming temporarily to the United States to perform, either individually or as part of a group under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country.
P-2 Visa Basic Requirements:
1. The artist or entertainer must be entering the United States through a government recognized reciprocal exchange program.
2. The artist or entertainer she must possess skills comparable to those of the U.S. artists and entertainers taking part in the program outside the United States.
3. If the events or performances will take place in multiple areas, an itinerary, listing the dates and locations of the events, must be submitted.
The P-3 visa classification is available to artists and entertainers, coming temporarily to the United States to perform, teach or coach, either individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique.
P-3 Visa Basic Requirement:
The artist or entertainer must be coming to the U.S. for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation.
Elizee Law Firm is full service immigration law firm. We can guide you and your family through your current immigration case. Our staff is fluent in Spanish and Haitian Creole. Contact us at (305) 371-8846.